Feb 14, 2013 36 Comments
Paranoid Android 3+ Review by datmexicankidd
- This is a test build of ParanoidAndroid AOSPA 3.+ for Nook Tablet.
- I just compiled it from source for fun.
- The main thing you’ll notice is the addition of Pie, a customizable softkeys/statusbar.
- You’ll unlock “Developer options” by tapping “Build number” 7 times.
- There is no “Performance” settings, so you’ll have to use set CPU app or init script for CPU settings.
- The default CPU settings is 1008MHz max and Interactive governor.
- What I added are CMFileManager, Sound Recorder, and Terminal Emulator.
- AOSP is bare bone Android.
- If you are used to CM settings, you’ll find there are missing settings here.
- What’s not working? You tell me. PA sources are still rolling out.
- Serial Number is unknown, I can’t resolve it.
- What work? Wifi, Audio, Mic, Video playback
- If you’d like to help the Paranoid Android team, you can buy their Paranoid Android Preferences app on Google Play.
- Use at your own risk.
- Clear Data/Factory reset and Dalvik Cache before flashing if you are on CM build.
- Booting can take several minutes so be patient.
- Questions and Answers
- TO DO LIST:
- Lots of things
Can’t take screenshot in newer build due to SurfaceFlinger.
- No battery percentage implemented yet.
- ParanoidAndroid source
- ParanoidAndroid on G+
- 02/23 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.66, compiled with GCC 4.7, look at the PA source history for further changes.
- 02/26 – Repo synced, 3.10, removed Trebuchet due to some issues, fixed rotation problem, fixed screenshot problem.