CM10.1 Jellybean (Android 4.2.1) for Nook Tablet (02/13)
Dec 20, 2012 80 Comments
- Kernel changelog:
- CM10.1 changelog:
- Questions and Answers
- Mic recording
- Audio sound
- Touchscreen – support 2 and
10 touchs firmware
- Support multitouch up to 10 points (required firmware update)
- MP4 video playback up to 1080p (use Handbrake 9.4)
- Auto mounting (MTP) Nook Tablet (SDCard/EMMC) on computer
- Reboot to recovery
- File manager with root access
- Launcher is customizable
- Status bar with tablet UI and hardware keys
- Gesture navigation (1/16)
- Faster Cache read, mainly for CM10 on SDCard
- Fixed serial number not displaying in status
- If you are using SD bootable CM10, you need to edit vold.fstab in /system/etc.
- Under SDCard – auto, changed ‘auto’ it to ’4′ using CM FileManager with root access & write access.
- Where’s Developer options & Performance? Click Build number several times.
- Easter egg? Click Memory or Android version several times.
- 12/20 – Repo synced, kernel updated, initial release build.
- 12/29 – Repo synced, tablet UI, hardware keys in tablet mode.
- 12/31 – Repo synced, fixed mic/terminal, setting for dual-pane or single pane.
- 01/09 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.57, for fun I re-added 1200MHz.
- 01/10 – Repo synced, fixed MediaProvider crash.
- BACKUP your apps/data, this ROM will wipe user data & cache.
- 01/16 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.58, gesture navigation is back.
- 01/17 – Repo synced, added GooManager/support, added wipe data1 and power off in recovery, updated SGX.
- 01/22 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.59, fixed GooManager support, a bunch of changes that you probably won’t notice.
- 01/27 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.60, disabled smartreflex, single-pane windows as default, for dual-pane use Tablet UI.
- 01/29 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.61, added ROW, SIO, VR, BFQ IO schedulers, a bunch of changes that you probably won’t notice.
- 02/02 – Repo synced, kernel updated, enabled zram, reboot is now hard reboot (reboot to sdcard, not internal).
- 02/06 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.62, fixed power off suspend for less battery drainage in deep sleep.
- 02/13 – Repo synced, kernel updated to 3.0.63, reverted reboot to soft reboot, fixed the recovery boot loop mistake.
- I am aware of a bug in recovery that causes recovery boot loop.
- Flash this, flashable_fix_bootloop.zip, File>Download
- DIRTY INSTALLATION: Clear cache and dalvik cache, it’s recommend that you wipe Data/Factory reset for (1/22)
- APK Removed:
- Apollo, Browser, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Downloads, Email
- File Manager,Gallery, Movie Studio, People, Searc, TFF
- Settings. Sound Recorder, Superuser, Terminal Emulator
CWM 220.127.116.11 (12/21)
- CWM 18.104.22.168 (12/29)
- Games tested:
Cut the Rope HD (Start but won’t work, audio get cut off) (Fixed 01/9)
- To Do List:
- Lots of things
- Settings stopped when backing out of System/Quick settings panel/Tiles and layout in Tablet UI mode.
WARNING: DON’T INSTALL ROM IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE RISKS
YOU NEED TO CLEAR DATA/FACTORY RESET IN RECOVERY IF YOUR ARE ON PREVIOUS CM7/9/10
- ROM: *SDC Version is in the IMG post
- c115c669d345e25ab34588026a134ef3 *cm-10.1-20130213-02-acclaim-HD.zip
- b9b3704f1edf0bba8ccd271ff982b0e6 *cm-10.1-20130206-16-acclaim-HD.zip
- 6261da3c2f9a70c8bfca4c6b27e1c145 *cm-10.1-20130202-15-acclaim-HD.zip
- 8024a9edbae1dacc970098f2fb571b0b *cm-10.1-20130129-19-acclaim-HD.zip
- 92b5ab7b7b5337778d7e3fdf40c9327b *cm-10.1-20130127-02-acclaim-HD.zip
- 67998e023ab585f99c00442ce867d174 *cm-10.1-20130122-22-acclaim-HD.zip
- 527862707ec54fe7784144fd287716dc *cm-10.1-20130117-19-acclaim-HD.zip
- 1a8964b6513e182d6dfbe1da4023ed0f *cm-10.1-20130116-16-acclaim-HD.zip
- 90909008dc4d62b41481001368648918 *cm-10.1-20130110-acclaim-HD.zip
- bc7255c2743985b2d43af5b49c513ea5 *cm-10.1-20130109-01-acclaim-HD.zip
- e4cf16dabfe95fbc65ce084ad5946223 *cm-10.1-20121231-acclaim-HD.zip
- 1678fc5fbb6b09ba2e2f9e1e2beed0cc *cm-10.1-20121229-acclaim-HD.zip
- 605a2bba06f742301a12a6de81d7b73a *cm-10.1-20121221-acclaim-HD.zip
I was holding up on releasing CM 10.1 because it’s missing features that I was used to in CM 10. It’s missing out on many system settings like gesture navigation, button mapping, and enhanced status bar settings. Microphone is not operational and there might be many more problems that I am not aware of. Other problem include messed up initial boot animation, picture get squeeze, but return to normal afterward. I was hoping to get mic fix while waiting for other features to get implemented but no progress. So what’s new in Android 4.2.1? Not much. It brings a lot more problems than solutions from my perspective.