CM9.0 RC0 3.x Kernel Nook Tablet Build 20120616 (Highly Experimental)
May 26, 2012 9 Comments
- 6-2 New update includes HW video decoding. You can play MP4 natively now.
- Still can’t dim backlight
- There are some random crashes. Hold the power button for 10 seconds to shut device down.
- Sound and mic work, but using mic might causes crash.
- Might have some random SOD (sleep of death)
- Will post more notes
- 20120616 New build with Linaro patches (Improvement in CPU performance)
CM9 with kernel 3.0.x is highly experimental at this stage. The LCD brightness is broken, meaning no dimming of light so your LCD will take a large chunk out of your battery life. Deep sleep isn’t working yet, meaning the Nook Tablet is always on even if the screen turns off. If you leave your Nook Tablet screen off overnight and wake up, your Nook Tablet might be out of battery. I haven’t use this build much because the LCD brightness is set to somewhere medium, which is still very bright and it’s a turn off for me. When you open your browser, you will be greeted with bright white background.
Rom here (highly experimental, for testing only with 16GB version),
(What is different with this build and the one on XDA? Nothing Yet. You will need to wipe cache and data so BACKUP)
Mediafire CM9 folder(New Build w/ Linaro)
Files for bootable CM9 with 3.0.x kernel sdcard,
(Follow the guide on dual-boot, you have to rename boot.img or altboot.img to cm9.img with new Cyanoboot)