Updated files for CM9/CM10 Bootable SDCard on Nook Tablet (10/27)
Aug 19, 2012 22 Comments
I have some suggestions to help you get this going. I have both the 8gb and 16gb NTs working just fine.
You say you are copying the “boot.img” to the CM9 rom zip. If you are talking about “cm9.img” that file goes into the sdcard partition.
First partition, make it 1001 mb. (Or 2001, 3001, etc.) I have expanded this to 16001 on a 32gb, and found by trial and error that this seems to be the largest that it will accept.
What I have found is that not all microSD cards are same. Some cards can be used to boot the Nook tablet and some cannot. I also have a Raspberry Pi, and the same is true there. (If it works in the Pi, it works in the Nook). So, if the card doesn’t work, try another. I don’t know what makes the difference, but I have a SanDisk 8 GB, and that doesn’t boot.
When redoing the card between tries, delete all partitions and create a Fat32 partition and then erase it before creating your partitions to use.
Instead of “system1” name the partition “system”. This helps with the Gapps file later on.
Hope this helps.
- Randy Jakus
- This is a supplement to chrmhoffmann’s CM10/JellyBean Release 0.06.x rom,
- 01caf5324f9d96d2d9fad5fb1d0317d0 *cm10-acclaim-0.06.1_sd_hd_10_27.zip
- c126dc581615864e31f4f517f4be7780 *cm10-acclaim-0.06_sd_hd_10_11.zip
- 11f4946743a4cae2d2ad130fba23f66b *cm10-acclaim-0.05.1_sd_hd_9_4.zip
- 50d345ece435566cde03a4ce2dd3632a *cm10-acclaim-0.05_sd_hd_9_2.zip
- Since the initlogo is turn off in the kernel (I think, haven’t check), there is a delay black screen instead of the regular two android logos screen before the quick CM10 logo screen.
- Brightness settings now work along with many other changes to the graphics.
- Added 0.05.1
- Added 0.06
- Added 0.06.1
- This is a supplement to chrmhoffmann’s CM10 Release 0.04.2 rom,
- 2316be5c0a49ec3f335c7693d6afe5fd *cm10-acclaim-0.04.2_sd_hd_8_19.zip
- Chris haven’t updated the boot animation to CM10/Jellybean so it’s still using CM9. There is some freezings in the boot animation, but it’s normal.
- This is a supplement to chrmhoffmann’s CM9 Release 0.06.1 rom,
- ce47f014c65654997dfbdc8c625b97af *update-cm9-acclaim-alpha0.06.1_sd_hd_8_19.zip
- Copy boot.img/altboot.img, recovery.img, and flashing_boot.img along with u-boot.bin and MLO on to your sdcard.
- Replace the updater-script inside the rom, *.zip, by drag and drop using winrar/winzip.
- Flash the rom using recovery.
- More details are in my other posts.
- This is a supplement to gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip (GAPPS for CM10/Jellybean for sdcard),
- Replace the updater-script inside gapps, *.zip, by drag and drop using winrar/winzip.
- Location, META-INF/com/google/android
- Flash the gapps using recovery.
- Do this at your own risk!